What’s the difference between print and tablet subscriptions?
- The print subscription includes the print issue, of course, and a digital PDF-replica version that is an online version of the same page layout as published and mailed. This digital replica can be accessed through any Internet browser on a desktop, laptop, or tablet when you sign in with your account number. If you don’t currently receive our emails alerting you to the posting of our digital-replica versions, GO HERE, log in with your account number (from your mail label), and click on the “change your address” link to be able to add your email address to your account information.
- The interactive tablet version includes all of the content in the print version, but is redesigned, reformatted, and reproduced specifically to display and be navigable on a tablet. The tablet edition also includes additional images, interactive slideshows, related videos, and bonus materials from the Pottery Making Illustrated archives.
How much is a tablet subscription?
- The price for the Interactive Tablet Edition of Pottery Making Illustrated is US$19.99 for a one-year subscription, and US$3.99 per single issue.
Note: Subscriptions are not available in Israel through the iTunes App Store, though single issues can be purchased. No content can be downloaded in mainland China at this time.
What devices will the interactive tablet edition run on?
iPads (all versions).
The tablet edition for Android is optimized and coded specifically for the Kindle Fire version of Android. Other Android tablets with a screen size of at least 7 inches may very well run this app without any issues, but other devices are not supported. If you purchase in-app items on a device other than a Kindle Fire and they do not perform properly, you will need to request a refund through the Amazon App Store.
This is not intended or designed to be viewed on e-readers of on smartphones.
Where do I get the tablet edition?
The iPad version is available in the iTunes App Store HERE. Once you download the free app, it will appear in the Newsstand app on your iPad.
The Android version is currently available through the Amazon App Store HERE.
If you have a Kindle Fire, simply go to the app store link above and download the app.
For Android devices other than Kindle Fire, follow the Amazon instructions HERE.
I’m having trouble downloading an issue to my tablet. What’s the problem?
Magazine issue files can be quite large (several hundred megabytes), so they can take up to a half hour to download, depending on your connection speed. It is very important that you only attempt to download issues while connected to Wi-Fi.
How do I renew my tablet subscription?
- After you subscribe through Apple or Amazon, your subscription will renew automatically, until or unless auto-renew is turned off. Otherwise, Apple or Amazon will renew your subscription automatically.
If I subscribe to either the print or the enhanced tablet edition, do I get the other as well? What about a bundled price for both?
- At this time, we are unable to offer a bundled subscription for print and tablet editions. Print subscribers do receive complimentary access to an online digital replica of the magazine, which can be accessed through the magazine back-issue page: http://ceramicartsdaily.org/pottery-making-illustrated/potter-making-illustrated-back-issues/.
What if I have a problem with my tablet subscription?
- Tablet subscriptions are fulfilled and administered through the app store where the subscriptions are purchased (currently iTunes and the Amazon App Store). Technical questions regarding subscriptions (inability to complete payment, access to the store, duration of subscription, etc.) should be addressed to the customer service staff of the app stores:
Can I transfer my print subscription to a tablet subscription or vice versa?
- Not at this time. Since subscriptions for print and tablet are handled through separate companies (print through us, and tablet apps through Apple or Amazon), subscription information does not transfer between the two.
If you have a question that is not addressed above, please contact us through the appropriate number or email on our Contact Page.