Potters Council Student Memberships Only $25
Working in clay can sometimes be a solitary pursuit. But there are times that we need to share ideas, ask questions, search for solutions. Especially students need to have the opportunity to reach out to others who have more experience in clay. Potters Council would like to be one of the resources you have to get the necessary help you need to transition from a student.
There are times when we need a community of people who think like us, who feel like us, and who love clay like us. That community is Potters Council. We are here to help you transition from a student to a professional artist or to somewhere in between. For less than 50 cents a week you can become a Potters Council member and have access to all the benefits. Plus you will have the opportunity to submit an entry in the Potters Council Online Juried Exhibition for Student Members only.
How do I Join?
It is easy to join. Please call customer service at 800-424-8698 or 818-487-2054, and be ready to email, fax or mail a copy of your valid student identification to confirm the membership.
A nurturing, creative community
The Potters Council was formed to create a community of potters and ceramic artists from around the world. We’re excited about providing a discounted student membership program. Now is the time when you need support of fellow potters and artists and organizations like Potters Council to help you on your way. We understand that money is an obstacle and having a discounted student membership is important.
Member Benefit Programs
- Member Directory: Make connections with members-only access to the online membership directory; search for colleagues and friends as well as make new contacts in the ceramics community. This important networking tool allows you to make contact with more than 2,500 ceramic artists and allows them to contact you.
- Membership Newsletter: Potters’ Pages membership newsletter, now published six times per year! Keep abreast of what is happening in the ceramic community.
- Annual Student Members Only Online Juried Show: Each year student members are encouraged to enter the annual student members only online juried show. The firs show is scheduled for 2012. To learn more about the most current show go here.
- Annual Members Only Juried Show: Each year members are encouraged to enter the annual members only juried show that is held in conjunction with NCECA. 2012 call for entries will be announced soon. To find out more details for our past shows, click on the following links: 2010 FILL-adelphia and 2011 The Shoulders We Stand On.
- Annual Members Only Calendars: Each year members are encouraged to submit entries for the yearly calendar. Go here to see the 2011 calendars. Call for entries will be soon for 2012.
- Mentoring Program: Take advantage of experienced members or impart your knowledge. Recently launched, this program provides members with one-on-one help. Learn more about the Mentoring Program.
- Ceramic Arts Daily Newsletter: Receive a free subscription to the Ceramic Arts Daily newsletter, which features tips, techniques and videos designed to help every artist expand their skill set and widen their artistic horizons.
- Free Ad: Members can request an ad or submit information to be published in the Potters’ Pages.
- Artist Portfolios: Online artists portfolios promoting members’ work to the public. Tap into the world-wide exposure Potters Council members receive with their expanded artists portfolios that are visited by thousands. Each member has an exclusive web link to their artist portfolio that includes up to three photos of work, contact information and brief description of themselves and their work.
- Studio Listing: Online directory of member Studios. Listing includes contact information, ceramic class opportunities, and links to your website.
- Conferences, Workshops: and Sponsorships: Potters Council provides some of the premier conferences with nationally and internationally recognized artists. These conferences bring ceramic artists together for knowledge exchange on a wide-range of topics.
- Discount on Ceramics Monthly subscription: Receive a 20% discount on your Ceramics Monthly subscription – the definitive resource for ceramic arts and information.
- Discount on Pottery Making Illustrated subscription: Receive a 20% discount on your Pottery Making Illustrated subscription – the leading ceramic arts techniques magazine for all skill levels.
- Discount on Ceramic Art Books and DVDs: Receive a 20% discount on ceramic art books and DVDs – a growing collection that includes more than 70 titles.
- Online Ad with Ceramics Monthly: One free online classified advertisement per year on Ceramics Monthly website plus 20% off any subsequent print or online classified ads.
Are you concerned about Health Insurance?
Potters Council can help. That’s right, we have REAL group health insurance!
Call 866-425-3335 for your insurance quote today! Read more…
Member Health Insurance
Potters Council Health Plan: Enroll Today! 866-425-3335 or www.potterscouncilhealthplans.com. With TeleExpress member enrollment, you can build your health plan, and enroll right now over the phone in as little as 15 minutes. (Available for US Members Only)
New Health Insurance programs now available to help provide members, their employees, and families with comprehensive major medical insurance coverage. The program is brought to you by JLBG Health, the nations largest provider of Association Health Plans.
In addition to substantial premium savings that may be available to physicians, the program also provides:
- A wide variety of choices for coverage from HSAs to PPOs for members or family
- A new shrinking deductible – a 20% deductible credit card each year you do not meet your deductible
- 10% healthy member discount and preferred rates
- Optional free Health Savings Account
- Optional PPO or traditional health plan with extensive networks, over 1 million
- Plans with a $20, $25, $30 or $40 co-pay for doctor visits
- Wellness benefits and Prescription Drug Car
- World-wide coverage, 24-hours a day
- Unlimited and enhanced wellness benefits based on PPACA Guidelines effective September 23, 2010
- Tele-Express, phone application – no paper applications to complete
Guaranteed acceptance plans now available – no medical questions asked
Note: Features are subject to state availability and may not apply to all members.
To learn more about the options available to lower your health insurance costs and maintain comprehensive coverage, visit www.potterscouncilhealthplans.com or contact JBLG Health at 866-425-3335 for more details, member rates and a 15-minute phone application.
Member Discount Programs
- LTL Shipping Discounts: If you would like to enroll in the Potters Council Shipping Program or would just like some more information please call 1-800-MEMBERS (636-2377) or visit www.1800members.com/ACerS. If you would like a quote on a pending shipment please email all pertinent information to email@example.com and a dedicated freight representative will follow up with you within the day. Potters Council members can save at least 70% on qualifying less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments.
- FedEx® Shipping Discounts: Potters Council members can now save up to 29% on select FedEx® shipping services. For more information or to enroll in this program, please go here or call 1-800-MEMBERS (1.800.636.2377, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. EST, M-F).
- Credit Card Processing: check out the credit card processing program available to all Members. Note: only $3.50 monthly fee. To see the full Terms & Conditions, click here. Are you glazed over by the cost of payment processing? Potters Council members benefit from: No monthly minimum; Competitive Mastercard and Visa credit and debit rates; No application or enrollment fees. If you have questions about your account please contact Jennifer Estrada at 214-849-3308.
- Car Rental Discounts: available to members with AVIS and ALAMO.
Member Medical & Vision Discount Programs
- Select Health Advantage Rx: Save 10% to 65% on both brand and generic medications. Unlimited access — save on walk-in, mail-order and OTC meds, diabetic supplies and more. All member of the household may use the card. Plan includes Walgreens, CVS, WalMart, Kroger, K-Mart and many others. Read more…
- Select Hearing Plan: Members can save 50-65% off manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing on major brands of hearing aids including Seimens, GNResound, Sonic Innovations, Starkey, Phonak, Rexton, Oticon, Widex and others. Read more…
Other Member Insurance Programs
- Long Term Care Insurance allows you to remain independent of government assistance and from relying on loved ones to provide your care. Read more…
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment. An accident protection insurance plan can help protect you from the unforeseen expenses caused by a covered accidental death or injury. Read more…
- Term Life 5 Year. This term life insurance plan provides the protection you need, at affordable group rates, to help ensure your family’s financial security even in the face of adversity. Read more…
- Term Life 10 Year. Carefully chosen life insurance coverage can help ease financial strain and provide money your spouse and dependents need for a secure future. Read more…
- Dental. This plan can help you to reduce your out-of-pocket costs while adding valuable, comprehensive dental protection for you and your family at economical costs. Read more…
- Cancer Protection Insurance is designed to help protect members and their families against potential financial losses associated with the treatment of cancer. Read more…
- Disability Income Insurance can help protect you and your family. Read more…
- Hospital Indemnity. The benefits payable under this plan can help ease the financial difficulties of a hospital stay so you or your loved ones may focus on getting well. Read more…
- Medicare Supplement Insurance helps to fill in the gaps in your Medicare coverage. Read more…
To Join Potters Council Today
Call 800-424-8698 or 818-487-2054
Open to Students Around The World
Connected to the Clay
Students join this community of potters dedicated to supporting each other by sharing ideas, insights, and advice. Community is important. We can all share techniques and tips and add new dimensions to each others’ works–and our own. You never know what will inspire your work or influence your next project. But that’s part of the joy of pottery! And when you become a student member of the Potters Council, you’re part of a creative, compassionate community of people who understand you.