The instructions below apply to subscribers to Ceramic Arts Daily, Ceramics Monthly, Pottery Making Illustrated, and the Potters Council.
Please follow ALL of the steps, in order. This will replace your password, and also verify that the email you are using is the correct one.
- If you are having trouble receiving our emails, go to your email account and Make sure that "[email protected]" is in your Address Book, Contacts and/or your safe-senders list. Here is how you can do that.
- While you are there, delete any previous password-replacement emails we have sent you during previous attempts (those links will be invalid).
- Go to http://ceramicartsdaily.org/login/ (this will work for all of our sites---Ceramic Arts Daily, Ceramics Monthly, Pottery Making Illustrated, and Potters Council, and your single account covers all of them).
- NOTE: If you see content pre-populated in the fields for logging in, it means your browser is saving login information, and you should complete this intermediate step—otherwise proceed to step 4. Since our login process has changed, any information saved in your browser may be wrong, and will continue to insert confusion into your login process unless you remove it. Go to the following link and follow the steps for your specific browser to remove saved logins from your browser (it covers all major browsers, and you can remove only the CAD login info): http://www.bu.edu/tech/services/support/desktop/software/troubleshooting/removing-password-from-browsers-saved-password-list/
- Click on the "Lost your password?” link below the Login fields.
- Enter your email address into the field on the screen that loads and then click the “Get Password” button.
- You will see a screen that begins by stating “Check your email for the confirmation link.” You will also see fields for Email and Password—DO NOT attempt to use these to enter a new password—even if it looks like there is content in them already.
- Go check the email account you entered, and open the NEW email with the subject line “[Ceramic Arts Daily] Password Reset” (DO NOT use any previous emails sent for password replacement—those links are now invalid). Remember, it can take a minute or two for an email to get to you.
- Copy the entire link at the bottom of that new email (even if it appears clickable). Make sure you copy the entire link, even if it wraps onto more than one line—get everything except the brackets “<“ and “>" on each end.
- Paste that link into your browser and hit enter.
- The page you will see starts with the statement "Enter your new password below.” The field you will see is automatically populated by a very secure password. You can choose to use it or type in a new one of your choice.
Either simply hit “Reset Password” to use the existing one, or enter your own and then hit “Reset Password.” It will tell you the strength of the password you have entered, and may require you to create a stronger one.
- You will land on a screen that says "Your password has been reset” with a link to log in.
- Click that link to get to the login dialog.
- Enter your email address and your new password into the fields and click “Log In.”
- If any of this does not work, please email us and tell us the exact step that did not go as explained above.